"Arizona's Premier CCW Training"
"Make Haste Slowly"
Thu, May 20|
AZ DPS Armed Security Guard Training 5/11 - 5/12/2021 (1)
To certify armed guards to carry firearms after successfully completing a 16-hour course of instruction.
Time & Location
May 20, 2021, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
Phoenix, 4044 W Black Canyon Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85086, USA
About The Event
This 16-hour armed security guard lesson plan is a firearms safety course, designed to teach
the novice armed security guard the basics of gun safety, marksmanship, maintenance and
familiarization, as well as legal issues related to the use of deadly physical force. It is also
intended to provide training on issues likely to be encountered by armed security guards
while on duty.
1. To certify armed guards to carry firearms after successfully completing a 16-hour
course of instruction.
2. To inform armed guards of escalation and de-escalation of force issues as well as using
deadly physical force as justified by law.
3. To display knowledge and proficiency of deadly force issues by passing an approved
written test with a minimum score of 100 percent at the conclusion of the class. This
requires a score of at least 70 percent on the initial test. Initial test scores below 70
percent fail the class. Students will be retested on the questions they missed until 100%
4. To display shooting proficiency by firing a minimum of fifty (50) live rounds for
qualification and achieving a score of at least 70 percent.
- FIREARM TYPES AND AMMUNITION
- SAFE HANDLING AND STORAGE
- LAW AND LEGAL (Mandatory 4 hours, minimum)
- WEAPON CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- MENTAL CONDITIONING and TACTICS
- WEAPON MANIPULATION AND MARKSMANSHIP
- THREAT RECOGNITION and JUDGMENTAL SHOOTING
- WRITTEN TEST
- FIREARM QUALIFICATION
- Duty Weapon
- 3 magazines
- Minimum 50 rounds of factory ammunition (no-reloads)
- Duty Gear (duty belt and holster)
- Vest (optional)
- Eye and Ear protection
- Appropriate clothing, tennis shoes, hiking boots or work boots. No open-toed shoes)
Completion of the:
The DPS initial 16 hour will be taught over a (2) day course.
Proprietary armed security guards must also comply with firearms training requirements (ARS 32-2606.3(a).
Classroom Evolution - Day1 (8 hours) and Day 2 (4 hours) Small Bore Building
Range Evolution - Pistol Bay 4
AZDPS Guard Training