Sat, Jun 15|
Ben Avery Shooting Facility
Introduction to Basic Pistol 6/15/2024
The ACCWFT Basic Pistol course with American CCW Firearms Training is approximately a 5-hour course. It is a condensed course from the NRA BOP course
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2024, 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM MST
Ben Avery Shooting Facility, 4044 W Black Canyon Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85086, USA
About The Event
The ACCWFT Basic Pistol course with American CCW Firearms Training is approximately a 5-hour course. It is a condensed course from the NRA BOP course. Students will learn the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting and receive instruction in firearm safety, gun handling, the various types of pistols, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship, practical exercises on an outdoor firing range, a brief discussion on how to maintain your Firearm.
The ACCWFT Basic Pistol Course introduces students to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this course, the students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basic Pistol Course will also help prepare the student for participation in other courses.
To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and operating procedures necessary for owning and operating a pistol safely and proficiently.
All students attending that may have purchased your first firearm are urged to read your
"Firearms Owner's Manual" you will then understand your new firearm platform, prior to attending class.
Your instructor will teach you how to "Field Strip" your firearm as well, how to clean it properly.
As a result of your participation in this lesson you will be able to:
- Know the fundamental rules for safe handling of a Firearm (Pistol)
- Types of pistols (revolvers vs semi-automatics)
- Identify the principal parts of a pistol and the types of pistol actions.
- State, explain and apply the rules for safe gun handling.
- Demonstrate in class a simple safe "Field Strip"
- Demonstrate how to handle a pistol in a safe manner.
The live fire exercise generally consists of 25 rounds of ammunition. After 25 rounds, you will be familiarized with your firearm and be able to demonstrate the skills learned in the classroom environment.
- Semi-automatic pistol or revolver
- OWB Holster, 2 magazines for semi-automatic pistol or 2 speed loaders for a revolver if available
- Ear protection, eye protection
- Comfortable clothing including tennis shoes or hiking boots (No open-toed shoes)
- Ball Cap
- Lunch, Snacks and Water. (There will be limited time for lunch)
Classroom Evolution - Practical Pistol Building
Range Evolution Pistol Range 4
Introduction to Pistol